Installation | Commissioning | Site Survey | Emergency Repairs | Battery Replacements | Disposal
UPS Power Solutions
for Critical Loads
Delivering Uninterruptible Power Protection Solutions for Essential Services and Mission Critical Applications
Arrange a site survey to discuss your requirements and obtain technical advice on UPS and emergency power solutions.
Take the hassle out of moving with our decommissioning, transportation, installation and recommissioning service.
UPS Installation and Commissioning
Installing an emergency power supply system into an existing or new building can call for many specialised skills, which are not always available through a conventional electrical contractor. Where a Generator and UPS system are being installed, many technical considerations have to be well thought through and planned. Some of these may include the following.
Where can the switchgear be placed for maximum benefit?
What sort of cooling is required to maintain maximum
UPS System efficiency and prolong battery life?
Where should the UPS System be sited to maximise space?
What sort of access is required for UPS maintenance?
What is the best type of UPS system for the purpose
What is the best type of data coms for the application?
Get Free Technical Support
Delivering Solutions For Over 20 years
Providing UPS emergency repairs, replacement UPS batteries and service contracts, we pride ourselves in our transparent and honest approach as the “helpful” UPS company
UPS Battery Installation
Our battery installation and UPS battery replacement team will perform the following tasks:
- Site survey to fully understand the task and site access
- Produce a risk assessment and method statement (RAMS)
- Co-ordinate and arrange delivery, positioning and installation of new batteries together with battery racks/cabinets
- Install new DC fuses and switchgear (as specified)
- Connect all batteries to UPS and create a complete system
- Installation of battery monitoring system (as specified)
- If we are providing a UPS battery replacement service, we may be able to isolate and change one parallel battery string at a time so that the integrity of the overall system is not compromised during the replacement process
- Pack and remove old batteries from site for recycling and correct disposal. Providing a hazardous waste disposal certificate
UPS Battery Replacement and Project Management
- Battery requirements and type; such as autonomy (back-up) time and whether the batteries should be sealed lead acid (VRLA), vented lead acid, plante or nickel cadmium (NiCd)
- Battery design life and the number of charge/discharges cycles
- Parallel battery bank advantages
- Room temperature conditions
- Battery housing type; open, cladded or enclosed rack, matching UPS/battery cabinets etc
- Room restrictions; false/raised floors (are battery rack leg extensions required?), dimensions (size) or surface load (weight)
- Room accessibility; easy access, straight push, no steps, lift capacity, stairs and other obstacles
- Battery monitoring system; continuously monitoring your battery health
- Flexibility of individual battery string fusing and switchgear
- DC cable lengths and power losses associated with long cable runs
Get Free Site Survey
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
“We had a very old UPS unit in our server room which urgently needed attention.
Ian and the team at UPS Power Services were superb. They did everything they promised, turned up when they said they would and got our UPS back up and running within 24 hrs of the diagnosis.
We will happily be using them for all our UPS requirements going forward”
Alex – Nexans UK
UPS Maintenance Health Check
An uninterruptible power supply is a crucial piece of equipment. It’s essential that you can rely on it to provide critical power protection at all times. But wear and tear over time is inevitable, and without regular check-ups a UPS’s performance can easily become compromised, increasing the likelihood of failure and downtime.Our specialist UPS Health Checks give you the peace of mind that your units are running at peak performance and optimum efficiency.
What’s Included In A UPS Health Check?
- Visual test: thorough inspection of the installed UPS system / battery set
- Physical tests: review of all electrical connections
- Mechanical tests: functional checks including recording electrical measurements and the system’s operational state
- Environmental tests: check the surroundings for possible problems such as dust or humidity
- Download and comprehensive review of the UPS history logs
- Full reporting of any faults found during the PMV
- Our recommendations to improve operational reliability