Medical Grade UPS Power Solutions
UPS Power Services can advise, specify, deliver, install, commission and maintain the full range of Tripp Lite medical grade single UPS
Call for specialist UPS and backup power advice from Tripp Lite specialists
Critical Questions & Answers about Medical Grade UPS
Which new NHS requirement is covered by Tripp Lite UPS systems?
NHS states, “Do not start HFNO in any emergency department or short-stay unit without a plan for how to transfer the patient onwards.“ For HFNO devices without an in-built transport mode, compatible Tripp Lite medical-grade UPS systems provide safe, reliable power during transit, which is the key element of any plan for transferring patients without interrupting HFNO.
Are Tripp Lite medical-grade UPS systems suitable for use in hospitals?
Yes, they have UL/IEC 60601-1 compliance for use inside patient care vicinities. Full line isolation limits leakage current (< 100 μA) for patient and staff safety. They are also available with safety-formulated lithium-ion (LiFePO4) batteries that support up to 10,000 charge cycles in demanding medical environments.
Are Tripp Lite UPS systems compatible with HFNO systems?
Yes, Tripp Lite’s 700 VA SmartPro® medical-grade UPS systems with lithium-ion batteries (SMX700HGL) meet the requirements for powering high-flow nasal oxygen therapy systems. Contact your Tripp Lite representative to confirm compatibility with HFNO systems.
NHS – New Requirements for HFNO Systems!
Tripp Lite Medical Grade UPS Systems Make it Easy to Comply
A recent Patient Safety Alert from NHS* stresses the importance of providing UPS support for high-flow nasal oxygen (HFNO) systems: “Most require mains power and will not deliver oxygen during transfer unless attached to a compatible uninterruptible power supply (UPS) device.
We identified four deaths in a recent two-year period from interrupted HFNO during patient transfer.” NHS requires hospitals to take corrective action, including having a plan for how to transfer patients safely before starting HFNO.
Get Technical UPS Support
Medical Grade UPS Solutions from Tripp Lite
Tripp Lite manufactures power protection, power supply and regulatory compliance solutions for use in hospitals and other healthcare facilities worldwide. Medical-grade UPS systems, power strips, mobile power solutions and isolation transformers support a wide range of equipment and applications both inside and outside patient care vicinities.
Medical Grade UPS Systems
Provide reliable battery back up in the event of a power outage and keeps test equipment ON during transfers from one patient to the next.
- IEC 60601-1 compliant
- Provide IEC compliance for connected equipment
- Reduce cumulative shock potential of connected equipment (full isolation)
- Protect device against downtime, damage and data loss
- Include hospital-grade outlets and plug
- Now with Lithium Batteries- 10,000cycles – 5 yr warranty
Medical Grade Power Strips
Distributes power to plug-connected components inside and outside patient care vicinities, including examining rooms.
- Meets BS-1363 specifications for use inside and outside patient care vicinities.
- 3M UK power cord allows you flexibility in placing the power strip
- Replaceable 13A fuse shuts down all 6 UK outlets in case of overload
- Mounting tags/flanges for installation on IV poles, mobile carts and crash carts
- Switchless design protects connected devices from dangerous accidental shutdowns
Medical Grade Isolation Transformers
Transformer with full CAN/ES/IEC/EN 60601-1 listing offers line isolation, step-up and step-down capabilities, and continuous noise filtering in protecting medical electronic equipment used in patient-care vicinities.
- Voltage Selection Mode – 115/230 – 50/60HZ Input & Output
- Reduces cumulative leakage current to less than 100 Micro amps
- IEC320-C14 Inlet, IEC320-C13 Outlet (No Power Cords Included)
- Removes EMI/RFI noise, utility switching transients, load-generated harmonics and ground loops
- Automatically shuts down all outlets in case of overload
- Ships ready for placement in any industrial, medical, office, network or audio/video environment
Medical Grade Mobile Power Retrofit Kit
Tripp Lite’s Medical-Grade Mobile Power Retrofit Kit provides IEC 60601-1 compliance (a required patient shock-prevention measure) for all connected mobile electronic devices. The Mobile Power Retrofit Kit includes everything needed to add AC power to medical carts.
- IEC 60601-1 compliance for connected equipment
- Pure sine wave AC output
- 90 Amp-hour Battery
- 3-stage, intelligent battery charger
- Remote User Interface (RUI)
- Power management software included
- Data saving capabilities
- Meets industry safety and design standards
- User-replaceable power module
Mounting hardware kit included
Hospital / Medical Solutions
Tripp Lite Medical-Grade UPS Systems Support Mobile Therapy & Patient Transport
Powering equipment on mobile medical devices is an essential part of healthcare. Tripp Lite’s medical-grade UPS systems allow mobile medical devices to travel with patients throughout hospitals and long-term care facilities. Powering equipment in transit allows therapy to continue without interruption.
The UPS systems include built-in Faraday shielding to provide full line isolation. This limits cumulative leakage current of connected equipment to less than 100 μA for safety and code compliance in patient care vicinities.
SAFE, RELIABLE, CODE-COMPLIANT POWER
700 VA (450W) line-interactive UPS powers equipment on mobilemedical devices
UL/IEC 60601-1 compliance ensures safety for patient care vicinities
Automatic voltage regulation (AVR) corrects voltage fluctuations
Faraday shield with full line isolation limits leakage current(< 100 µA)
UPS systems with lithium-ion internal batteries support up to10,000 charge cycles, compared to 500 cycles for traditional lead-acid batteries
Lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) formulation maximises battery safety
Weight is 60 percent less than typical lead-acid counterparts
Industry-leading warranty reflects increased battery resilience
Tripp Lite’s 700 VA SmartPro® medical‑grade UPS systems with lithium‑ion batteries meet the requirements for powering nasal high‑flow oxygen therapy systems.
Bringing together some of the industry’s most experienced and talented people, we are committed to improving standards across the emergency power landscape through reliable and efficient delivery of all our services.