UPS Installation and Commissioning
Uninterruptible Power Supply Installation and Project Management for Total Power Solution Delivery in Critical Power Environments.
Site Survey & Design
Site Survey, Design Considerations and Install Recommendations
Complete Project Management from Install through to Aftersales
Commissioning & Testing
From Start up & Proving Operational Functionality to Testing and Sign Off
Power Infrastructure UPS Installation and Electrical Distribution Services
When planning the electrical UPS installation for a large project or data room installation, it is crucial that communications between the various contractors and the customer are unhindered by self-interest; the prime motive has to be the interests of the client.
Installing an emergency power supply system into an existing or new building can call for many specialised skills, which are not always available through a conventional electrical contractor. Where a Generator and UPS system are being installed, many technical considerations have to be well thought through and planned, for example:
- Where can the switchgear be placed for maximum benefit?
- What sort of cooling is required to maintain maximum efficiency and prolong battery life?
- Where should the UPS be sited to maximise space?
- What sort of access is required for maintenance?
- What if any exhaust fume extraction is need for the generator?
- What are the best type of data coms for both the generator and UPS
- What type of UPS is best suited to run with an existing generator?
Arrange a site survey to discuss your requirements and obtain technical advice on UPS Installation and emergency power solutions.
Take the hassle out of moving with our decommissioning, transportation, installation and recommissioning service.
Correct UPS battery design is essential to the safe operation of your UPS System. Take advantage of our technical experience.
UPS Installation and Commissioning
A successful uninterruptible power supply installation can help ensure your power protection system runs at peak performance for years to come.
We understand that time is precious for all organisations, so installation can be arranged either inside or outside of normal working hours.
All installation work is subject to quotation following an on-site power survey to establish your exact requirements.
Our comprehensive commissioning service gives you the technical assistance to guarantee your system is installed safely and correctly to certified standards. Our expert engineers will ensure installation has been completed correctly, carry out necessary final checks, and power up the system so it’s ready for action.
Commissioning also includes an all-encompassing demonstration of the UPS before handover.
Get Free Technical Support
Delivering Solutions For Over 20 years
UPS Battery Installation
Our battery installation and UPS battery replacement team will perform the following tasks:
- Site survey to fully understand the task and site access
- Produce a risk assessment and method statement (RAMS)
- Co-ordinate and arrange delivery, positioning and installation of new batteries together with battery racks/cabinets
- Install new DC fuses and switchgear (as specified)
- Connect all batteries to UPS and create a complete system
- Installation of battery monitoring system (as specified)
- If we are providing a UPS battery replacement service, we may be able to isolate and change one parallel battery string at a time so that the integrity of the overall system is not compromised during the replacement process
- Pack and remove old batteries from site for recycling and correct disposal. Providing a hazardous waste disposal certificate
UPS Battery Replacement and Project Management
- Battery requirements and type; such as autonomy (back-up) time and whether the batteries should be sealed lead acid (VRLA), vented lead acid, plante or nickel cadmium (NiCd)
- Battery design life and the number of charge/discharges cycles
- Parallel battery bank advantages
- Room temperature conditions
- Battery housing type; open, cladded or enclosed rack, matching UPS/battery cabinets etc
- Room restrictions; false/raised floors (are battery rack leg extensions required?), dimensions (size) or surface load (weight)
- Room accessibility; easy access, straight push, no steps, lift capacity, stairs and other obstacles
- Battery monitoring system; continuously monitoring your battery health
- Flexibility of individual battery string fusing and switchgear
- DC cable lengths and power losses associated with long cable runs